Thursday, January 7, 2010

Dear Will,

Baby boy, you have such a sweet, sweet soul. You woke up shortly after I put you down tonight and I picked you up and sat down in the rocking chair, hoping that you’d go back to sleep quickly so I could watch TV with your Daddy and relax for a little while. I was being impatient, I was frustrated with you for not sleeping, not enjoying the moment. You reached your tiny baby hand up, placed it on my cheek, and rubbed my face with your thumb. I don’t know what provoked it, but it was such a sweet gesture…almost an apology of sorts for waking up so often and definitely a reminder of your love for me.

I’m sorry for not being patient enough with you at times, but thank you, sweet boy, for reminding me of one of the most wonderful things on this Earth…your love.

No comments:

Post a Comment