Thursday, January 12, 2012

Dear Will,

Tonight, for the very first time ever, you went to sleep in your very own big boy bed. You, of course, were absolutely thrilled with the idea of having a bed with no rails. You grabbed your 3 bajillion blankets (okay, there are only 4 of them), Traveler and Baby Traveler and jumped right in. You are so big. So almost three. And while I'm joyous that you're big and I love everything about you being almost three, I just wish I could make it all slow down for a few minutes.

I remember very clearly what a gut-wrenching decision it was to move you from your Pack 'n Play safe next to my bed into your crib...how I closed the door to your room that night after laying you down, waiting for you to cry out for your mommy. You didn't, and so I was the one crying outside your door...because my tiny little baby couldn't possibly be ready for a crib, right? So this time, the decision to move you to a toddler bed was done more on a whim. But even still, after Daddy and I tucked you in tonight and you snuggled down, cozy and warm in your tiny little bed I had a moment of sadness. Where did the days go when I nursed my tiny little baby to sleep? These almost-three years have gone by so quickly, though the days have seemed so long at times.

I am so proud of the little person you are becoming. You are kind and polite. You have a wonderful sense of humor. You are just mischievous enough. You are loud and you voice your opinions (even when they're not popular). You sing unashamed. You love to hear about "baby Jesus." You hug tight and don't pull away. I hope beyond belief that time doesn't change these sweet little things about you.

Good-night, my sweet, sweet baby. Mommy loves you very, very much.

No comments:

Post a Comment