Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Dear Will,

Today you are four months old. Four months! How is that even possible? It seems like yesterday that I was meeting you for the first time…slow down baby boy! You are the best gift that I’ve ever been given and I can’t thank you enough for making me a Mommy. You bring joy to my life each and every day. You make me smile, you make me laugh, and sometimes you even make me cry. But I love every single second of it. I thought I loved you four months ago…boy, I had no idea what was coming! The depth of my love for you is greater than I ever imagined possible. It’s scary and exciting and wonderful. It makes me wonder if the way I feel about you can even come close to the way God feels about each of his children. I hope one day you’ll experience that overwhelming, knock-you-off-your-feet type of love for your own child, so you can fully realize the way I feel about you, precious boy.

You’re so different than you were four months ago. You giggle, you grin, you talk, and are a total ham. You love to be the center of attention and like nothing more than to have “conversations” with people. You can entertain a whole group of old ladies by grinning and flirting with them! You’re a roller now. You can roll from tummy to back and are still incredibly close at going from back to tummy. You love to snuggle, your paci, Where the Wild Things Are, the pool, the Mei Tai carrier, bath time, the Exersaucer, the dogs, and being outside. There isn’t too much you dislike anymore! You are fascinated with faces right now. You reach your chubby little arms up and grab for Mommy or Daddy’s nose, eyes, and lips while we’re holding you. You love to fly on my knees and to be pulled up to sitting or standing. When we sing “The Wheels on the Bus” you grin and laugh when I get to the part where the “mommies go shh shh shh.” It gets you every time, so I sing it more often on purpose. We both end up rolling on the floor laughing.

You’re still not a great sleeper, but I’ve decided that I don’t care. This time with you is flying by so fast that sleeping in our bed for a few months isn’t going to matter in the grand scheme of things. And I might just secretly enjoy those midnight wakings…just you and me in the dark, staring at each other until we both drift back off to sleep. Sweet, peaceful moments that I’ll never get to experience again.

I love you so much, Will. Thank you for making me a Mommy and for being such a blessing in our lives.

Love,
Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment