Monday, March 25, 2013

Dear Jack,

I can't believe how fast this time with you inside my belly is flying by. Tomorrow we get to have our "big" ultrasound - the one where they look at every inch of you and make sure that everything is functioning perfectly. I can't wait to see your little face again and see how much you've grown since the last time we got to see you, a little over a month ago.

We are all getting anxious for your arrival, even though it's still several months away...(hear that mister? You better stay put until the end of July at the very earliest!!) Will is very excited to meet you and we talk about you daily. He loves to come "listen to Jack" when I pull out the doppler and we listen to your heartbeat. He hasn't been patient enough to really feel your kicks yet (though he insists that he has!) and he's really growing to love the idea of having a little brother...especially one who loves playing Batman. You are already so loved, sweet boy...I can't even imagine what it's going to be like when you're born. Our cups will surely runneth over. I am so excited to see you and Will grow up together as brothers. I'm sure you'll become the best of friends and partners in crime and I promise I'll try not to get (too) mad when you inevitably get yourselves into loads of mischief. I just can't wait to watch you develop that sibling bond. There will be hard times, I'm sure. But the depth of love between siblings goes beyond all else.

I am so excited to meet you, Jack. I wonder what your little face looks like now; do you have Daddy's hands and feet and ears like your brother? Do you have my chin and eyes? Whatever you look like and whoever you become, I know this to be true. God created you. He knit you together and knows intimately every little detail about you. He made you perfect. And I can't wait to get to enjoy the blessing of life with you on the outside. Until then, I'm going to savor every last one of these kicks you're throwing my way. I'm going to talk to you and sing to you and let you know just how very loved you are; not just by your Daddy and brother and me, but also by your grandparents, your aunts and uncles, and by your Savior.

I love you so much, Jack.

Love,
Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment