Friday, January 30, 2009

31 Weeks

Will definitely made his daddy and I smile last night! I was laying in bed getting ready to go to sleep and Greg came in to tell me goodnight. Will started kicking, so Greg put his hands on my tummy to feel him. Of course, he stopped right when Greg wanted to feel...figures! So Greg decided to poke at him a few times...and what did Will do? He poked back! This went on seriously for about 10 minutes. It was such a neat experience...our little boy definitely knows we're out there :)

Today hasn't been quite as fun of a "pregnant" day for me though. I always have lots of braxton hicks contractions every day, but today they've been accompanied by lots of cramping. It's not fun! I'm sure it's from being on my feet so much during the day...the hazard of being a teacher, I suppose. I'm going to go to bed early tonight though, and hopefully that will help everything.

Since I didn't post a 31 week update, here's what's been happening in Will's neck of the woods this week! His lungs are still maturing, but every day brings them closer to being fully developed. Yay! His ears are fully developed and he can hear my voice and the voices around me. This means he should recognize familiar voices after he's born. My weekly email says he weighs about 3 1/2 pounds now, but in our ultrasound last week he was already weighing in at 3 pounds, 11 ounces (which can be off as much as a pound in either direction). So he could possibly be quite a bit bigger than 3 1/2 pounds!

No tummy picture this week...sorry! I'll get one tomorrow :) Hope everyone had a good Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment