Saturday, July 9, 2011

30 Day Sugar Fast

I've decided to take on a 30 day sugar fast. It was suggested on one of the blogs I read and I've decided to accept the challenge. I don't generally eat a lot of sugar - it's been cut out of my day to day diet nearly 100%. But I do like to have an ice cream treat on the weekends (or if we're looking at last week, the week nights too!) and in general feel too addicted to all forms of sugar right now. So from tomorrow (July 10th) through August 10th, I'm going to be sugar free!

I'm not cutting out fruit (those sugars are good for you!), but I am going to be cutting out honey on my morning oatmeal, sodas (even the diet ones!) and any other "sweet treats" that I usually enjoy. Why? Well, why not? I like to do things just to prove to myself that I can. It's kind of like the marathon (though no where near as intense). It's something my mind likes to tell me I can't do. So I decide to do it just to prove that I can. Putting it out there on the blog helps me be accountable and you can feel free to smack me if you see me eating anything with sugar in it! Anyone else care to take up the challenge?

No comments:

Post a Comment