Monday, July 18, 2011

Meal Plans

I attempted to keep it super clean this week so I could hit a major goal of mine. Since it's Thursday evening and I'm backdating this post to Monday, most of the week has now gone by. I can safely say that I'm not going to hit that major goal. I'm okay with it, I'll move forward and go after it next week. I have definitely I learned a few things this week...

#1 - In order to function like a normal human being, I need to have two servings of starchy carbs a day. Otherwise I feel tired constantly and brain-foggy.
#2 - I desperately need to get more sleep every night. Caffeine is not an adequate substitute for sleep.
#3 - My protein/recovery shake really does work. I could tell a huge difference this week cutting it out - I was much more sore and definitely didn't feel like I was recovering as fast. That could be due to #2 as well, though.

M1 (4:30am - PreWO) - Apple, 11 almonds
M2 (7:30am - PWO) - Breakfast Quinoa, 1 c. strawberries, 3 egg whites, 1 egg
M3 (10:30am) - 4 oz. turkey breast, 1 bell pepper, 2 T. homemade hummus
M4 (1:30pm) - 4 oz. chicken breast, 2 c. steamed veggies (broccoli, yellow squash, onions)
M5 (4:30pm) - Banana, 1 T. almond butter, 4 oz. tuna
M6 (7:30pm) - 4 oz. salmon, 2 c. spinach w/ salad veggies, 1 T. balsamic vinaigrette, peach

Ashley and I did a crazy workout yesterday (Wednesday) called a tabata. The basic principle of tabata is doing a period of intense workout followed by a short period of rest and then right back into the intense workout. Ours yesterday was 50 seconds of exercise followed by 20 seconds of rest. We did deadlifts with 70 lbs, pushups, single leg lunges (one round per leg), upright rows, and woodchops (25 sec. per arm) with a 15 lb. dumbbell. We did 7 rounds of this and took a short, 1-2 minute break after doing 4 rounds. It took roughly 40 minutes and both of us were hurting by the end!!

No comments:

Post a Comment