Wednesday, May 20, 2009

We're About to be Homeowners!

We close on our house on Friday and I am SO excited! We found exactly what we were wanting in an awesome neighborhood for a great price...I can't wait to paint, arrange all our furniture, and watch Will grow up there :)

I'll have more pictures to come in the next few weeks. It's getting a new roof today, then we do the walk-through tomorrow after Greg gets off work, and then we're closing at 2:00 on Friday!

I'm super excited for Friday to come because of the closing...but I'm also dreading it because it's my last weekday off of work :( I know I only have to go back for 8 school days, but I am not happy about leaving Will. It doesn't make it any better that I'm not going into a great situation at school and I have no clue what state my classroom or kids will be in...things have been incredibly "inconsistent" (their words) since I've been out on maternity leave. I have a feeling I'm going to come back to a group of 90 terrors. I worked so hard to get them trained and on their best behavior before I left and I'm pretty sure they're going to make me want to pull my hair out again. Eight days...I can do it for eight days!

Will has been sleeping so well at night...which makes for a much happier Mommy! We generally get him down around 10 and he slept until 5 last night...that's 7 whole hours! I woke up and actually felt okay. I mean, I was still tired, but I wasn't falling asleep nursing him! He usually won't sleep for more than an hour and a half more after he gets up to nurse, so I just leave him in the bed with us and snuggle with him. I get some of the best smiles at that time :) He seems just thrilled that he doesn't have to go back into his stupid bassinet and that he can cuddle with Mommy. It makes my heart melt! :)

2 comments:

  1. yaya! can't wait to see what you do with the house! its so fun having your own house to paint and do whatever you want to!

    and you can totally handle 8 days...! you can do it!!

    and yay for 7 hours of continuous sleep!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The consistent 7 hours of sleep is awesome!! Way to go, Will!

    Congrats on the house...I can't wait to see pictures of what you do to decorate and make it your own. :)

    ReplyDelete