Monday, August 8, 2011

Meal Plan Monday

My boy is sick, y'all. Really sick. We had to go in for chest x-rays this morning and I had to help hold my baby down. And it was every bit as awful as it sounds. But the good news is he doesn't have pneumonia...yay! He does have a nasty virus that's causing inflammation in his lungs and we're under strict orders to keep him drugged up and resting for the next 3-5 days as he gets feeling better. That was easy today...but I foresee telling a 2 year old to stay on the couch for 5 days being a fairly difficult task!! Here he is in his hospital gown getting ready to go in for the chest x-ray. Isn't he pathetically adorable??



I was able to take advantage of his bedrest and get my meals for the week prepped. I was so glad I sucked it up and went to the grocery store yesterday - there's no way I'd have made it today. Here's what I'm eating this week...

Meal One: 1/4 c. oatmeal w/ 1 T. ground flax seed & 1 c. sliced strawberries; 3 egg whites & 1 egg
Meal Two: 4 oz. grilled chicken, 1 small sweet potato
Meal Three: Turkey & Black Bean Chili, 2 c. steamed broccoli
Meal Four: Apple & 2 T. almond butter
Meal Five: 4 oz. fish or 4 egg whites, big spinach salad with lots of veggies & 1 T. Seeds of Change balsamic vinaigrette; 1 c. watermelon
Meal Six (post-workout...whenever that is!): Protein Shake, banana

I've got a training for the new part time job I'm starting tonight from 6-8 and then I'm heading to bed early. I've gotta get up early for a workout with Ashley and I absolutely can.not.get.sick. Snuggling with the little guy off an on all day makes me a little nervous that I'll catch his gunk - and I (literally) can't afford to get sick right now! Happy Monday!


No comments:

Post a Comment