Sunday, October 30, 2011

Consistency


I found this quote on Pinterest this morning and it really resonated with me. Consistency has been the key to my weight loss/health journey. Consistency even when I'm not seeing results. Consistently going to the gym, even on the days where I feel like sleeping in. Consistently putting the right foods in my body. And consistently getting back on track when I slip up. To reach the next set of goals that I have for myself, I feel like I have to become even more consistent and intentional with the things I do each day...so to do that, I've decided to commit the next 100 days (until February 7, 2012, if I did the math right!) to consistently...

  • Eating my planned meals every single day
  • Eating one (planned!) cheat meal every week
  • Getting to the gym 6 days a week - lifting for 5 of those days
  • Cutting out all artificial sweeteners, even at cheat meals
  • Cooking all my food for the week on Sundays
  • Getting at least 8 hours of sleep each night 

To be honest, most of those things I do pretty consistently. Except for the last one - I suck at making myself get to bed in time. But writing them down and committing myself to them as goals for the next 100 days helps me for some reason. Because I'm human - there are days where I just don't feel like eating chicken and broccoli at 10:00 in the morning and there are days where I don't feel like turning off the tv or getting off the computer at 8:00 at night so I can be asleep by 8:30pm...in fact on the days where I do get myself in bed at that time (which is roughly the same time Will goes to bed) I feel pretty lame.

But I realize that in order to do what I've decided I want to do, I must do these things and I must do them consistently. Every single day, whether I want to or not. Wish me luck!


(for those of you who only come here for the cute pictures, don't worry, I've got a ton from this week and they're coming to a blog near you later today!)

No comments:

Post a Comment